Over my career, I’ve:
- Been highlighted as a visual note-taker in the Indianapolis Business Journal’s 2018 Innovation Issue
- Earned the designation Brand Academy Certified Branding Expert (2015) from the Brand Academy.
- Participated in NY Designs, a unique design business incubator based in LIC, Queens.
- Founded SPARK, a group of independent graphic design business owners who meet monthly in NYC to enlighten each other on the business and creative issues that are relevant to design studios.
- Won the 2009 Small Business Award from the Cayuga County NY Chamber of Commerce.
- Been featured in several design books including “The Big Book of Green Design,” “1000 More Greetings,” “Best of Business Card Design,” and “Recycling & Redesigning Logos.”
- Been named a “trailblazer whose career embraces the common good” by Catalysta.net (Profiles of Trailblazers who Innovate with Community in Mind: A Marketing Primer for Non-Profit Orgs)
- Achieved Advanced Communicator Gold in Toastmasters.
- Been a former environmental educator
- Earned a Level 1 with the Bike Instructor Certification Program
- Earned degrees from Pratt Institute in New York City and Hampshire College in Amherst, MA.
When I’m not busy doing visual communications stuff, I can be found:
- Mountain biking
- Walking my coonhound Rory and bulldog Violet
- Cuddling with my 6 cats
- ‘Gramming photos as @motherofcoonhounds (personal account) and @stonesoupcreate (professional account)