We worked with Hansen Leadership Institute to improve the look, speed and accessibility of their website for a program which attracts young people from all over the world to work on world peace and international cooperation.
The old site was clunky to navigate and too corporate looking. We re-designed it to feel more youthful and sophisticated.
The primary goal with the re-design was to recruit international and national students to apply for a competitive selection process for a program that makes leaders out of young Fellows – college students between the ages of 20-25 – by learning peace-making skills.
The site represents what Fellows will get if they are accepted to the program—leadership training, increased career prospects, and friendships.
We did this by:
- Illustrating past Fellow’s experiences and highlighting sessions, activities and events from the three-week program, which is held on the beautiful campus of the University of San Diego
- Portraying the diversity of the alum and students
- Giving attention to the fact that the Hansen Summer Institute is on the top ten list of American international fellowships
- Encouraging the most important actions we wanted a user to take on the site: 1) Search for information about the program; and 2) Find a link that takes them to the application for the program, with clear and concise instructions
- Adding an interactive map on the home page that displays what countries current Fellows are from when you mouse over the map
We also updated their logo.