This well-known, free and federally-funded pre-school program is facing several challenges here in southern Indiana:
- Competition in the form of the state of Indiana’s in-school pilot program
- Prospective participating families may not engage with common forms of advertising and outreach such as radio spots and newspaper ads
- There is no marketing budget, marketing training or staff tasked specifically with marketing activities available to Head Start programs
- Head Start budget is primarily dedicated to programming
- These are issues that the correct branding can address.
In this 2-hour workshop, Julia will engage attendees with hands-on activities and discussion on how to develop an authentic brand.
- How to determine each Head Start location’s unique personality and values
- How to capture that personality and core values in brand messaging
- Identifying the correct target audiences and marketing to them in a way that resonates emotionally
- DIY resources [free or low-cost] for management staff