Hi, I’m Julia.I’m a branding consultant, graphic designer, speaker, writer, and graphic recorder. For 16 years I’ve been helping nonprofits, higher ed and other organizations with social missions develop and communicate their brand in order to maximize mission impact.
Over my career, I’ve:
- Earned the designation Brand Academy Certified Branding Expert (2015) from the Brand Academy.
- Participated in NY Designs, a unique design business incubator based in LIC, Queens.
- Founded SPARK, a group of independent graphic design business owners who meet monthly in NYC to enlighten each other on the business and creative issues that are relevant to design studios.
- Won the 2009 Small Business Award from the Cayuga County NY Chamber of Commerce.
- Been featured in several design books including “The Big Book of Green Design,” “1000 More Greetings,” “Best of Business Card Design,” and “Recycling & Redesigning Logos.”
- Been named a “trailblazer whose career embraces the common good” by Catalysta.net (Profiles of Trailblazers who Innovate with Community in Mind: A Marketing Primer for Non-Profit Orgs)
- Achieved Advanced Communicator Gold in Toastmasters.
- Been a former environmental educator
- Earned degrees from Pratt Institute in New York City and Hampshire College in Amherst, MA.
When I’m not busy doing visual communications stuff, I can be found:
- Mountain biking
- Walking my coonhounds, Rory and Umber
- Cuddling with my 7 (!) cats
- Swing dancing
- Cross-country skiing
- Stand-up paddleboarding
- Cooking vegetarian
- ‘Gramming photos on Instagram, @motherofcoonhounds